Wednesday, November 04, 2009

Short




I think every single post starts off with " I've been busy as shit lately!", which is totally awesome. I've been bouncing around alot, working freelance, and even testing for a character design postion on a new CN show, which I was fortunate enough to land the gig. Now that I have a steady job for a while, and things have calmed down I am going to get back on this short film of mine. I boarded it out over the course of August and September, and with the exception of a few minor changes, it's ready to roll. I'm really trying to see this through. It's a bit of an undertaking, but it's an idea I've had for a while now and I really want to make it. Here are some random sketches of the main character. I am going to keep it loose and really fuck with his design throughout the short. I am not doing any of that turnarounds bullshit, or trying to make it look like something. I just want to draw in a way thats super fun for me to do. I might not even rough things out sometimes. These were all drawn straight ahead with very little or no roughing out at all. I'll post some more stuff when I get home later.

7 Comments:

Blogger Dan said...

nice dude...cant wait to see it in motion...

1:18 PM  
Blogger Tony DiStefano said...

Mike,Im glad to hear you have been doing well In such a poor time. Congradulations on the new gig.Thats great news!Do you have to move to La?
I like this guy you designed with the top hat. Love the driving pose.
Look foward to seeing him animated.

8:19 PM  
Blogger ALBERT PARDO said...

dope stuff mike, some of these ruffs look a little chuck jones-ish, nice work...

..just make sure I'm in the credits....

7:12 AM  
Blogger david gemmill said...

haah great! i love me some giant phone drawings. cool design!

11:30 PM  
Blogger Elliot Cowan said...

Well done on the design gig.

You're a class act in this city, matey.

3:37 PM  
Blogger chrisallison said...

AWESOME design mike. super funny. can't wait to see your short. please please please show us some progress stuff. i wanna see how you work!

8:39 PM  
Blogger WIL BRANCA said...

Carlooooooooo!

Lookin' good, dooooooood!

Congrats on the gig & on the short. Looking forward to both!

11:21 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home